- 750 ml bottle of Red Wine (Merlot, Pinot Noir, or Sweet Red Blend)
- ½ gallon good quality ice cream (Vanilla, Strawberry or Black Cherry)
- 1 liter bottle of unflavored seltzer water
- Pour 5 ounces of red wine into a wine glass.
- Scoop 2 generous scoops of ice cream into the wine glass.
- Top the wine and ice cream with ¼ cup of unflavored seltzer water.
- You can store any extra red wine, corked and on the counter, for up to a week.
- When deciding on which red wine to choose, remember to pick one that you would enjoy drinking on its own. Try to stick with medium to sweet red wines for these floats. Dryer wines do not pair as well with the ice cream.
- When deciding on which ice cream to pair with your wine, you can read the bottle and see what flavor notes your wine has. For example, the Pinot Noir I chose has flavor notes of cherry, raspberry, and vanilla, so I decided to pair it with a good quality vanilla ice cream. My Merlot had flavor notes of berries and chocolate, so I paired it with strawberry ice cream, and my sweet red blend had flavor notes of black cherry and plum, so I paired it with black cherry ice cream.
- These red wine floats can be enjoyed with a spoon or sipped.
- It is best to prepare individual servings as you want them.
Calories: 911kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 167mg | Sodium: 351mg | Potassium: 948mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 81g | Vitamin A: 1597IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 507mg | Iron: 1mg