- 3 ounces cherry-flavored jello gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¾ cup tequila, I used Jose Cuervo Silver
- ¼ cup grenadine syrup
- 3 ounces orange-flavored jello gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup tequila, I used Jose Cuervo Silver
- ½ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice from 1to 2 large navel oranges, pulp strained out
- maraschino cherries & navel orange small wedges
- Place 18 (2-ounce) jello shot/condiment cups onto a rimmed tray and set aside.
- You will need to make the cherry layer first by adding the cherry-flavored jello gelatin powder and boiling water to a large mixing bowl with a pour spout. Stir to completely dissolve the gelatin powder.
- Add the tequila and grenadine syrup to the cherry liquid. Stir to combine.
- Carefully pour the cherry liquid into the bottom third to half of each of the 2-ounce plastic cups.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before proceeding with the orange layer.
- For the orange layer, add the orange-flavored jello powder and boiling water to a large spouted mixing bowl. Stir to completely dissolve the gelatin powder.
- Add the tequila and fresh-squeezed orange juice. Stir to combine.
- Carefully pour the orange liquid on top of the cherry layer (make sure the cherry layer has completely set first) to fill each plastic cup.
- Refrigerate for an additional 3 to 4 hours or until fully set.
- Garnish each tequila sunrise jello shot with a small wedge of fresh orange and a maraschino cherry.
- If you can’t find the 2-ounce plastic shot glasses with lids, they may be labeled as plastic condiment cups. These can be used interchangeably. You can use any shot cups you prefer, but keep in mind that your servings may differ from this recipe.
- If you are making this yummy jello shot recipe for a party and need lots of shots, you can easily double this recipe.
- Setting the jello shot containers on a baking tray will help make it easier to transport them to the fridge for chilling.
- A quick and easy way to boil your water is to place the 1 cup of water into a microwave-safe 2-cup spouted glass measuring cup. Microwave on high for 3½ to 4 minutes to boil the water.
Sodium: 47mg | Calcium: 3mg | Vitamin C: 3mg | Vitamin A: 11IU | Sugar: 11g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 10mg | Calories: 89kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 1g | Carbohydrates: 12g | Iron: 1mg