- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves, garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz.) Ro-Tel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope (1 oz.) Taco seasoning mix
- 1 envelope (1 oz.) dry Ranch dressing mix
- 3 cups beef broth or water
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, optional
- Fritos or Tortilla Chips, optional
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a soup pot, combine the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook and crumble the beef until it is no longer pink. Drain. Combine the remaining ingredients except for the Cheddar, chips, and cilantro. Simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Serve with Cheddar cheese and chips. Garnish with cilantro.