- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 16 oz strawberries reserve a few for garnish in the drink itself
- 6 cold brew tea bags Lipton Cold Brew Family Sized
- 20 cups water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed, about 4 medium lemons
- 2 lemons sliced
Things You’ll Need
- Large saucepan
- Rinse the strawberries and remove the tops. Slice into four equal size portions. Type of cut does not matter.
- Add the strawberries, sugar, and water to a saucepan. Heat over medium to bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. The liquid will be deep red in color and start to thicken.
- Strain the liquid from the strawberry mixture into a large bowl. Allow the simple syrup to cool to room temperature. You can put the bowl in an ice bath to speed up the process.
- Add the water and tea bags to your canister. Be sure to tape or trap the tags on the outside of the canister for easy removal. Allow to steep for 30 minutes to overnight depending on the flavor you would like.
- Remove the tea bags. Stir in lemon juice, strawberry simple syrup, lemon slices, ice, and additional strawberries as desired.
Expert Tips & FAQs
- If you do not have the tea bags we use in this recipe, you can simply make 1 gallon of tea with the tea bags you have according to their directions.
- This made a VERY large batch, but as you’ll see the container itself was large. Keep the recipe for the simple syrup and feel free to add or reduce the tea mixture as necessary for your pitcher or canister. The standard measurement is 2 cold brew tea bags (which are slightly larger than traditional warm brew black tea bags) to 8 cups water. However, I used an extra teabag since ice will be added and will water down over time.
- The amount of strawberries listed is just that for the simple syrup and a few for garnish. If you would like MORE in the glasses or in the canister, allot for another 16 ounces. Note that it’s better to add the slices of strawberries to individual glasses compared to the canister because they can/will get soggy and unappealing to look at if in the tea for more than a few hours. The lemon slices on the other hand, can be in the canister for as long as there is tea.
Serving: 1serving (8 oz) | Calories: 89cal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg