- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 3 cups fresh mixed berries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds , more to taste
- 1/4 cup oil , I like doing half olive and half canola
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar , more to taste
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds , optional
Pinch of salt
- Wash your salad and berries and set aside to dry.
- For the dressing, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar and poppy seeds in a bowl or mason jar and whisk until combined. Add a pinch of salt. Shake just before serving.
- For the salad, layer the spinach, berries and nuts and top with dressing.
Add grilled or rotisserie chicken to turn it into a meal.
Sometimes I like to make cinnamon sugar almonds or I’ll purchase the honey roasted almonds.
Cinnamon sugar almonds:
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a small frying pan, combine your almonds and sugar. Cook on medium/low heat and watch closely. Keep stirring as the sugar begins to melt, to keep it from burning. Once sugar has coated the nuts, sprinkle with cinnamon and remove from heat and place on foil to cool.
Tip: Add 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum to the dressing to keep the oil and vinegar from separating.