- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 ounce can of Rotel with lime juice and cilantro OR Original Rotel with diced green chilies (DO NOT DRAIN) – You can make your own Rotel, click here for a recipe from Mommy’s Kitchen
- 1 packet (1 ounce) of your favorite taco seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- taco shells, hard or soft, or flour burrito tortillas
- favorite toppings – lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, olives, sour cream, guacamole, fresh lime, cilantro, hot sauce
Lightly spray slow-cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in single layer.
In a medium size bowl, mix broth, taco seasoning and a can of Rotel. Pour mixture over chicken and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 4 to 6 hours. Cooking times may vary depending on your slow cooker, adjust accordingly.
When ready, shred chicken using two forks and serve in shells or tortillas with your favorite toppings.
**Note, Spring 2020 – This recipe is super easy to adapt! With our new stay-at-home orders and limited supplies, this recipe is easy to sub ingredients, using what is available. You can skip the chicken broth – it will still taste great and be tender. If you do not have Rotel you can sub with Salsa.
This recipe is not spicy if you use Rotel with lime juice and cilantro. For a spicier version, I recommend using Original Rotel with diced green chilies. You can also add other spices to kick up the heat. This recipe is versatile and easy to adapt to your taste.