SLOW COOKER HAM & WHITE BEANS
- 6-qt Slow Cooker
- 1 lb package dried northern beans
- 1 ham bone, hocks, shanks or diced ham (about 1 pound)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 6 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse and sort the beans for any pebbles. Add the rinsed beans, onion powder, salt, pepper, and ham to the crockpot. Add water. Cover and cook on low about 8 hours, until beans are tender.
- Remove ham bone, shanks or hocks and pull off the meat. Add meat to the crockpot and mix. Serve with cornbread.