- 2 pounds cubed chuck roast or stewing beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 poblano pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 can enchilada sauce or homemade sauce (at least 19 ounces)
- 1 can refried beans
- 8 12″ flour tortillas
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- sour cream
- tomatoes chopped
- In a large pan brown beef cubes with oil. Place in crockpot with onion, poblano pepper, jalapeno, and garlic and cover with enchilada sauce. Cook on high 4 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Once beef is fork tender, remove from slow cooker with a fork and shred.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and remove all onions and peppers from sauce and add about ½ cup to the beef, just until moistened. Meanwhile, heat refried beans on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Lay tortillas out on the counter and evenly divide hot refried beans and beef mixture in the center of each. Wrap tortillas (if you don’t know how, most packages of tortillas will have directions on wrapping).
- Place the wrapped tortillas seam side down in a 9×13 pan. Top with sauce from slow cooker and cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Calories: 567, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 42g, Fat: 34g, Saturated Fat: 16g, Cholesterol: 138mg, Sodium: 603mg, Potassium: 655mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 383IU, Vitamin C: 18mg, Calcium: 357mg, Iron: 5mg