- 2 1/2 cups lemon-lime soda (such as 7UP or Sprite), chilled
- 1 cup ginger ale , chilled
- 2 tablespoons grenadine syrup
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- maraschino cherries , for garnish
- lime slices , for garnish
- In a pitcher, stir together the lemon-lime soda, ginger ale, and grenadine.
- Divide the scoops of ice cream between 2 fountain glasses. Top each with the Shirley Temple mixture.
- Add 1 or 2 maraschino cherries and a lime slice, for garnish.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Vary the amount of ice cream. The serving size and how many scoops of ice cream needed depends on the size of the glass used.
Use maraschino cherry juice. Maraschino cherry juice is an ok substitute for grenadine, if preferred.
Add more lime flavor. You can add 2 tablespoons of lime juice to make the drink a little more on the citrus side.
Make it boozy. Add in 1 tablespoon of amaretto liqueur and replace 1/2 a cup of the lemon-lime soda with vodka.
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 78g | Vitamin A: 556IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional information given is an automatic calculation and can vary based on the exact products you use and any changes you make to the recipe. If these numbers are very important to you, I would recommend calculating them yourself.
Keyword: easy summer drinks, ice cream float, Shirley Temple Drink