- big mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- 1 1b sweet mini peppers , about 16
- 8 oz hot Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz cream cheese softened room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 packet chives chopped (about 0.25oz)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the sweet peppers lengthwise leaving the stem and remove any seeds.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage breaking it apart for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and drain any fat.
- In a big bowl, combine cream cheese, chives and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add the sausage mixture and mix everything to combine.
- Stuff each pepper half with the mixture and top with cheddar cheese.
- Place stuffed peppers on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- I’ve use hot Italian chicken sausage meat, you can use any sausage meat you like.
- You may as well use green onions instead of chives.
- Add some red pepper flakes for more heat.
- You can also top the peppers with a mixture of shredded parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- Leftover sausage stuffed mini peppers can be wrapped tightly and placed in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 29mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 97IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: