- 2 x 8 oz glass jars with lid OR
- 1 x 16 oz glass jar with lid
INGREDIENTS US CustomaryMetric
- 1 lb Shallots – peeled
- 1 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- In a small saucepan heat the water and vinegar.
- Add the sea salt and sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Carefully slice the shallots as thinly as you can.
- Pack the shallots in the glass jar (or jars).
- Carefully pour the pickle solution over until the shallots are covered.
- Add the lid, cool and refrigerate.
- The pickles will be ready to eat in around an hour.
Serving: 1tbspCalories: 13kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 221mgPotassium: 50mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 6mgIron: 1mgNutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be taken as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and the Family Food Kitchen can’t guarantee the accuracy of this information.