- plastic sandwich bag
- 5 Pop Tarts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons water
- Easter candy
- Combine powdered sugar and water to make a royal icing glue. Add water 1/2 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved (2 1/2 teaspoons works well for me).
- Spoon icing into a Ziploc bag and cut the tip off.
- Glue the 4 walls together with icing and hold in place for a minute or so.
- Add a bead of icing around the top edge and place the 5th pop Tart on top for a flat roof.
- Let houses stand AT LEAST 30 minutes before decorating. If making these with kids, assemble the houses an hour or so ahead of time so that they are nice and sturdy.
- Dip decorations into icing or pipe icing onto houses to decorate.
- Icing should be the consistency of craft glue.
- To add heavier candies to the houses, like M&Ms, add a line of icing to the house and let the icing stand for a couple of minutes before placing the candy on it. This will allow the icing to dry a little and become tacky.
- You may need to hold the candy in place, or readjust the candy that starts to move as you wait for the icing to dry.