- 1 package of pizza dough
- ½ – 1 cup pizza sauce, plus more for dipping
- ½ – 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pepperoni slices, or other toppings
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough into a square and cut into 24 small squares.Place the dough squares onto a baking sheet.
- To each dough square, add 1 teaspoon pizza sauce, 1-2 teaspoons mozzarella cheese, and 1-2 pepperoni slices (or other topping). Fold the corners and tuck into each other to form a ball.
- Arrange the pizza balls on the baking sheet so they are touching each other in any shape you’d like. Hint: leave a hole in the center to fit a bowl of pizza sauce for dipping!
- Combine the melted butter with the salt, garlic powder, and parsley. Brush generously onto the pizza balls. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until pizza bites are golden brown. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese if desired. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Storing: Pizza poppers keep in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. They are freezer-friendly for up to 6 months when stored in a freezer safe plastic bag. Defrost in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave or toaster.
Serving: 1ozCalories: 89kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 4gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 375mgPotassium: 72mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 116IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 1mg