- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- graham cracker pie crust
- Add the cream cheese and sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat until well combined and the sugar crystals have mostly gone.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in the pineapple.
- Fold in Cool Whip gently until well blended.
- Spoon the pineapple mixture into a graham cracker pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 – 4 hours or overnight.
Store this easy dessert in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
This simple pie also freezes well. Just wrap it good and slip into the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
Expert Tip: Softened cream cheese is best. It is important to make sure that your cream cheese is completely at room temperature before making this easy recipe. It won’t mix well if it’s too cold.
- Save the pineapple juice when you drain it, and use the reserved pineapple juice to make a delicious marinade for chicken.
- Be sure to drain that pineapple well or the pie won’t set up right.
- Be gentle when folding in the Cool Whip so that it doesn’t become runny.
- Be sure to allow enough time for the pie to chill. I like to leave it in the fridge overnight before serving.
- For pretty slices pop it into the freezer for 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Use a hot knife and wipe it between cuts.
- Don’t use fresh pineapple in this! There’s an enzyme in fresh pineapple that can make the recipe fail.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 437IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg