- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 small green pepper diced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms diced
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 4 tbsp A1 sauce depending on how strong you want the flavor
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 oz provolone cheese sliced
- 6 sesame seed bakery hamburger buns
- In a large skillet over medium heat add ground beef and cook while breaking apart until no longer pink. Drain grease.
- Return beef to the skillet then add onions, green peppers, and mushrooms. Cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- In a small separate bowl combine beef broth and cornstarch. Whisk until no lumps remain. Pour broth over meat and stir well.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, A1 sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Let cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 5 minutes.TIP: The A1 sauce has a strong flavor. Start with 2 tbsp sauce and increase to 4 tbsp if you want your meat mixture to be bolder in flavor.
- Turn off the heat to the burner. Add sliced provolone cheese to the top of the beef and allow to melt.
- Serve meat and cheese mixture on sesame seed hamburger buns.
Calories: 476kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1095mg | Potassium: 592mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 390mg | Iron: 4mg