- 6 ears corn husked and all silk removed
- olive oil
- 2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- ¼ – ⅓ cup cotija cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- sea salt
- 2 limes juiced
MEXICAN CREAM SAUCE (Crema):
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ tsp chipotle chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place each ear of corn on a piece of foil. Brush olive oil on each ear of corn and lightly sprinkle all sides of corn with sea salt. Wrap foil tightly around corn.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and place all 6 ears of corn on the grill grates. Close lid and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the corn on the cob can easily be pierced with a fork. Turn often while the corn is cooking to prevent burning the corn cob.
- While the corn is cooking, mix together the ingredients for the crema in a small bowl.
- When the corn is done cooking carefully remove the foil.
- Lightly brush each ear of corn with Mexican Cream Sauce mixture and sprinkle additional chipotle chili powder, cotija cheese, fresh parsley, and fresh lime juice over each ear of corn.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Make sure your heat isn’t too high on the grill. You don’t want a direct flame on the foiled corn.
- You can use store-bought crema to save time.
- Rotate corn often to ensure it doesn’t burn on one side.
- You can substitute butter for olive oil when foil wrapping your corn.
- The Mexican Cream can be stored in the refrigerator and used on other recipes for 4-5 days.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 91mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1079IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1mg