- 4 cups fresh mandarin juice don’t strain, just pull out seeds and big pulp pieces
- 7 cups sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice only use freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package Liquid Certo Pectin Pectin
- Sterilize the jars, lids and rings to prepare for jam.
- Juice the mandarins and lemons.
- Measure the juices exactly. Combine orange juice, cups of sugar and butter to a large heavy bottom pan. Place over high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and bring to a full rolling boil. Boil hard for exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 package Liquid Certo, bring to boil and boil hard for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and immediately ladle the hot jelly into sterile jars leaving ¼ inch headspace.
- Using a damp, clean paper towel, wipe off the tops of the jars and then add the lid. Screw the ring on the jar and process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes to seal.
- Makes 7-8 pint jars of Orange Juice Jelly
Each box of Liquid Certo Pectin contains two pouches. You’ll use one pouch to make this jam. Save the second one for another batch of jam. Do not use powdered gelatine.To properly sterilize canning jars, wash jars first then place them in a large sauce pan covered with boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes to completely sterilize the jars.Measure the exact cups of sugar, do not use less sugar than the recipe calls for or your jam may not set up. Do not use artificial sweeteners.
Calories: 996kcal | Carbohydrates: 251g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 342mg | Sugar: 246g | Vitamin A: 390IU | Vitamin C: 87.4mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.5mg