lemon poppy seed pancakes
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter melted
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1.5 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- zest of 1 lemon
- 6 Tbsp. Phil’s Fresh Egg Whites (or 3 egg whites)
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, oil, melted butter, lemon juice, poppy seeds, and lemon zest.
- Mix well; add all at once to flour mixture.
- Gently mix until just combined.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gently fold into batter.
- Let batter rest 5 minutes.
- Pour by 1/4 c. onto prepared skillet.
- Wait until bubbles form on the surface and pop; then flip pancakes until golden brown on both sides.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and poppy seeds and mix until smooth.
- Pour over pancakes as desired.