Lemon Butter Pan Seared Scallops Recipe
- 10-12 Medium/Large Scallops – thawed
- 3-4 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter – cubed
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Parsley – chopped
- Salt/Pepper – to taste
- If frozen, thaw scallops overnight in the refrigerator.
- If the scallops have the mini muscle on the sides, go ahead and remove those. You will see little pieces of flesh on the sides of the scallops. Just use your fingers to pinch it and pull it off the scallop then discard.
- Next place the scallops on layers of paper towels then cover with paper towels. Leave them for 10-15 minutes to dry out. Salt scallops.
- Heat oil in cast iron pan over high heat 3-4 minutes.
- Place scallops flat side down in pan and cook 1½-2 minutes to sear. Flip scallops and cook approximately 30-60 seconds.
- Remove pan from heat then add butter. Once butter has melted, tilt he pan slightly and use a large spoon to spoon the butter over the scallops. Repeat.
- Squeeze lemon juice over scallops.
- Serve scallops topped with fresh parsley, lemon zest and flaked sea salt. Spoon butter mixture over the tops.