- 3 pounds fresh peaches – 4 cups crushed this was about 7 medium size peaches
- 1 package powdered pectin (approximately 1.75 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or allspice
- Sort and wash fully ripe peaches. Remove stems, skins, bruises and pits. Crush peaches.
- Measure crushed peaches into a large pot. Add lemon juice and pectin; stir well. Place on high heat and, while stirring constantly, bring to a full rolling boil with bubbles over the entire surface. Add the sugar and spices all at once and heat again to a full bubbling boil. Boil hard for 1 minute (set a timer), stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim foam off the top. (We keep the foam in the refrigerator and enjoy it on toast for the next couple of days. I love it warm straight off the stove as well!)
- Pour immediately into sterile canning jars. Fill the jars to 1/4 inch from the top. Seal them and process 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.
Calories: 735kcal · Carbohydrates: 188g · Protein: 2g · Sodium: 2mg · Potassium: 430mg · Fiber: 3g · Sugar: 185g · Vitamin A: 740IU · Vitamin C: 16.9mg · Calcium: 14mg · Iron: 0.6mg