Homemade Granny Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapples, with juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the eggs and crushed pineapples with juice; mix until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with chopped pecans and then brown sugar. Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and dry.
- While the cake is baking, mix the evaporated milk, granulated sugar, and butter in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove from the heat and add vanilla; stir well and set aside.
- When the cake is finished baking, poke the cake all over with a knife or the end of a wooden spoon to allow the glaze to soak in to the cake.
- Pour the hot glaze over the cake. Cool the cake completely to room temperature before serving. For best results, allow the cake to soak in the glaze for several hours, then slice and serve.