- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Grated on a microplane or minced fine
- 1″ Fresh Ginger, grated on a microplane
- 1 Teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Garlic Sauce
- Grate garlic on a microplane or chop to a very fine mince.
- Peel 1″ of a piece of fresh ginger, then grate on a microplane. See notes about storing fresh ginger.
- Place all ingredients into a pan and stir to mix well.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly until thickened and reduced, about 5 minutes once boiling
- Store in airtight container up to a week.
- Can be used as a marinade or brushed on while grilling or baking.
- Reserve some sauce to serve on the side for people to be able to apply at the table themselves.
Ginger freezes well. If you only use the one inch knob and have some leftover you can wrap it in plastic wrap and then store in a plastic bag for extra protection. Keeps up to 6 weeks without losing flavor or texture.