GARLIC BOK CHOY
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce or sub with vegetarian stir fry sauce
- 2 tbsp regular soy sauce not light or dark soy sauce!
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine or sub with Dry Sherry Wine
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ cup water
- Slice your bok choy in half if it’s about 6-7 inches long. If it’s baby bok choy you may skip this step.
- Wash in-between the leaves of your bok choy for hidden dirt.
- In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Fill your wok or pot halfway with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once it’s boiling, lower your bok choy and blanch until the leaves turn vibrant green, about 30-45 seconds. Strain immediately.
- Lay the bok choy on a serving plate and set aside.
- In the same wok or pot, wipe it dry. Set over medium heat. Once hot, pour sauce in and allow this to simmer until sauce thickens and reduces.
- Once thick, pour sauce over greens. Enjoy!