- 1 1/2 ounces light rum
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce orange curacao or triple sec
- 1/2 ounce orgeat
- 1/2 ounce dark rum
- Fresh pineapple and lime wheels for garnish
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice and add the light rum.
- Add the pineapple juice, lime juice and orange curacao or triple sec.
- Pour in the orgeat almond syrup and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Finally, float the dark rum on top of the drink.
- Garnish with fresh fruit (an orange slice, lime wheel, fresh pineapple, and maraschino cherry.)
Orgeat is an almond-flavored syrup that can be found at many grocery stores or on Amazon (Torani makes a popular version). Amaretto would be a delicious substitute too. Just keep in mind that your drink will be a bit stronger since amaretto contains alcohol and orgeat does not.