- 1 8 count can refrigerated biscuit dough I used Pillsbury Grand Homestyle Buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups canola oil for frying
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Start by pouring 2 cups of canola oil into a medium sized saucepan and begin heating on medium-low heat.
Shape the Dough
- Open the biscuit dough and separate. Gently stretch the biscuits into an oblong shape, as opposed to the round shape they come in.
Make the Maple Icing
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Whisk in milk and heat for about 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring often, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add in corn syrup and maple extract. Add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, whisking until smooth between additions.
- Glaze will begin to harden if you leave it sitting- which is what you want! Once all powdered sugar is added, keep maple glaze warm on the stove, whisking occasionally. Add 1-2 tsp more milk if necessary.
Fry the donuts
- Check the temperature of the oil using a meat thermometer– it needs to read 350 degrees F. Increase heat gradually if necessary.
- This process of cooking the doughnuts goes very fast, so have a paper towel covered plate ready to set the bars on when cooked.
- Once oil is ready, drop bars in 2 at a time. Let cook for about 2 minutes, then turn and cook an additional 2 minutes on the other side. Bars should be a nice golden brown.
Dip in Maple Glaze
- Let bars cool for a few minutes, then whisk the glaze to make sure it’s smooth enough to dip each bar. Dip the bar, then immediately turn glaze side up on a cooling rack.
- Repeat this process until all bars are fried and glazed. They’re best eaten within an hour, but even the next morning they’re amazing!
You will never buy store bought again after tasting these warm, fresh maple frosted donuts!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 737kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 62g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g | Monounsaturated Fat: 37g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 189IU | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg