- 3 ounces (1 Box) Red Jello
- ¾ cup Lemon Lime Soda
- ½ cup Boiling Water
- ½ cup Vodka
- Whipped Cream optional
- Lime Chunks optional
- Add the jello and boiling water to a medium mixing bowl
- Mix until the jello has dissolved.
- Add the lemon lime soda and vodka. Give a slight stir.
- Line your shot cups up on a baking sheet or flat surface that you can easily move.
- Using an injector or pourable measuring cup, fill each shot cup about ¾ of the way full. Do not fill to the top.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 2 hours or until set.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a lime chunk, if desired. Enjoy!
- To Store: These shots can last up to 2 weeks in the fridge if stored properly. Don’t store them without lids or they will dry up and get leathery.
- To Freeze: I do not recommend freezing these jello shots.
- If you decide to add the garnishes, do not add them until you’re ready to serve the shots.
- I use an injector to fill my shot cups because it’s just quicker and less messy. However, a pourable measuring cup works as well.
- If you place all your empty cups onto a small rimmed tray before filling them with the liquid it will be easier to transfer your jello shots to the refrigerator to chill.
- I would definitely suggest using a higher quality vodka. If not, the cheaper vodkas taste almost like chemicals and I don’t prefer it.
Calories: 45kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 1mg | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg