- 12 slices white bread
- 1 English cucumber
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In small mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, mayo, dill, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt. Use a hand mixer or spoon to mix well.
- Peel the cucumber in stripes and cut into 1/8 inch slices using a mandoline or sharp knife.
- Cut the crust off of the bread to make squares.
- For each sandwich, spread about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese filling onto each piece of bread. Add thinly sliced cucumbers, fresh cracked pepper and additional fresh dill. Place the second piece of bread on top, then carefully cut into 4 triangles or squares.
How to keep a Cucumber Sandwich from getting soggy
1. Use English cucumbers, which have less water content than regular cucumbers due to their smaller seeds.
2. Sprinkle the sliced cucumbers with salt and place them on paper towels to allow any additional moisture to drain before adding them to the sandwiches. (*You may want to omit the salt from the cream cheese filling if you go this route.)
3. Spread cream cheese on both pieces of bread to create a barrier between the cucumbers and the bread.
YIELD: 24 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 91TOTAL FAT: 6GSATURATED FAT: 2GTRANS FAT: 0GUNSATURATED FAT: 3GCHOLESTEROL: 11MGSODIUM: 143MGCARBOHYDRATES: 9GFIBER: 0GSUGAR: 1GPROTEIN: 2G