- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- Juice from ¼ of a lime
- Sliced English cucumber
- 2 ounces white rum
- Crushed ice
- Club soda or tonic water
- Mint leaves, cucumber and lime wheels for garnish
- Add mint leaves and sugar to a cocktail shaker. Muddle with a muddler or a spoon until mint is bruised and starting to break up.
- Add lime juice, a wheel of cucumber, rum, and ½ cup of ice to the cocktail shaker, shake vigorously until sugar is dissolved.
- Fill a highball glass to the top with crushed ice, add a few more mint leaves, a lime wheel, and a cucumber slice.
- Strain the mixture in the cocktail shaker into the glass. Top with club soda or tonic water. Garnish with lime wheel, cucumber slice, and a few mint leaves. Enjoy!
To make this in a glass: muddle the mint and sugar with a cucumber slice, add in some ice, add the rum, add a bit of club soda and stir vigorously, top off with more ice and more club soda.