- 0.25 oz packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup orange flavored soda/cola (I used Crush Orange soda brand)
- ½ cup vanilla vodka (such as Smirnoff or Pinnacle brands)
- squirt heavy whipped cream (I used Reddi-Whip brand)
- Orange sanding sugar sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl, with a pour spout, stir together the boiling water and the unflavored gelatin until all the gelatin is dissolved. *An 8 cup measuring cup works great for this as it makes it much easier to pour the liquid into the little shot cups.
- Add the vanilla vodka and the orange flavored soda to the hot gelatin mixture. Stir well then very carefully pour the liquid into the individual plastic shot cups.
- Chill the creamsicle jello shots for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Garnish each jello shot with a squirt of heavy whipped cream and a sprinkle of orange sanding sugar sprinkles.
Storage:Store these jello shots in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, but you wait to garnish them until you are ready to serve them.Tips:
- Feel free to double, triple, etc. all the ingredients if you’re making these for a party or large crowd.
- If you place all your empty cups onto a small rimmed tray before filling them with the liquid it will be easier to transfer your Creamsicle Jello Shots to the refrigerator to chill.
- If you can find a whipped cream vanilla flavored vodka, you can substitute it for the plain vanilla vodka. The whipped cream vanilla vodka is slightly sweeter than a standard vanilla vodka so I highly recommend giving it a try if you can find it in your area. Smirnoff and Pinnacle brands make a great version of the whipped cream vanilla vodka.
- Remember that different brands offer different sized disposable shot glass (some even come with lids for storage) so you will just need to fill the vessel of your choice ¾ full to leave space for the garnish. Also note that you will get more servings if you use smaller glasses.
Calories: 25kcal | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 1mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg