- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened at room temperature
- 4 Tbsp Butter Softened
- 9 cups Powdered Sugar shifted
- 2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Gel Food Coloring
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar for rolling the mints
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Then add in 1 cup of the powdered sugar. Mix together until well combined.
- Then mix in the peppermint extract.
- Then place the mixer on low and gradually add in the remaining powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each cup is added in. Continue until all the powdered sugar has been added. The dough should be thick (play-dough like consistency) and not sticky. If the dough is still sticky and not thick enough add in more powdered sugar.
- Then divide the dough into 4 separate bowls. Add food coloring to each bowl and mix well until you reach the desired colors.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
- Then line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or wax paper. Roll the dough in between your palms to form approximately 1 inch balls. Then place the balls on the baking sheets.
- Dip the tongs of a fork in the ½ cup powdered sugar and then gently press the fork down onto each mint to flatten them out and make a line pattern on the mints. Follow this process until all the mints are formed and keep dipping the fork in the powdered sugar when forming the mints.
- Then allow the mints to sit at room temperature until they have fully hardened (4-6 hours). They should be hard on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Store in an air tight container in single layers with a sheet of wax paper between each layer in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Serving size is 10 mints.
Sodium 230mg, Calcium 50mg, Vitamin A 889IU, Sugar 225g, Potassium 72mg, Cholesterol 74mg, Calories 1127kcal, Trans Fat 1g, Monounsaturated Fat 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1g, Saturated Fat 15g, Fat 25g, Protein 3g, Carbohydrates 230g, Iron 1mg