- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp granulated chicken bouillon
- ⅛ tsp seasoning salt
- ⅛ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup half and half
- Melt the butter completely in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Make sure it evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
- Using a whisk, add the flour and continuously stir to combine with the butter.
- Cook, while stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. The color should change to a warm toasted brown shade.
- Add bouillon, seasoning salt, Old Bay Seasoning, pepper, onion powder, and salt. Continue to whisk.
- Add milk and half and half and continue to stir for another 5 minutes. The gravy will start to thicken so stirring is important to keep the thickness consistent and ensure there are no lumps.
- If you find it too thick, you can add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.