- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring the pot to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Using caution, heat oil in a medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚F.
- Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over the saucepan, cut with a knife, and drop into the hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towels.
- Mix sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
- This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder, while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.