- 2 very large Fuji apples
- 3 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips I used Nestle
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil I used refined coconut oil so it doesn’t taste like coconut.
- 1 cup caramels, melted I used Kraft caramels
- ½ cup Chopped pecans
- Slice apples into ½” pieces. (It’s really important to have a good quality chef’s knife. I love Wusthof.) With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice to make it easier to insert a popsicle stick. Insert a popsicle stick into each piece of apple. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes (in 30 second intervals, don’t overheat because the chocolate will burn).* Stir in coconut oil until smooth. (If the apples are extra juicy, pat down with a paper towel before dipping.) Dip apple slices in chocolate and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. (I used a 13″x18″ half sheet pan.)
- Place caramels in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds.* (Note: Microwave power varies.) Do NOT overheat. I recommend heating at 20 second intervals. For best results, use package instructions for heating the caramels. Stir until smooth. Drizzle melted caramel over chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy immediately. Apples are best the first day. Store in refrigerator.
- *For best results, follow the chocolate chip package instructions for melting chocolate and same for caramel. Follow the caramel package instructions for melting caramels.
- Note: If you’re concerned about biting into an apple seed, just remove them before dipping the apple slice in chocolate.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 54mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 51IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 3mg