CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- 1/2 cup shortening regular or butter flavor
- 3/4 cup cream peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the egg and mix just until combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until combined.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet to form 1 to 1 ½ inch dough balls. Use a fork to press the dough down and create the traditional crisscross pattern on each cookie.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes at 375F just until set around the edges. Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool.