Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
• 2 large Chicken Breasts
• 1 cup Red Onion; chopped
• 1 cup Bell Pepper; chopped
• 10 oz. Rotel
• 7 oz. Green Chiles
• 1 Tablespoon Chipotle Chile Powder
• 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
• 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 2 cups Rice; cooked
• 12 large Cabbage leaves
• 2 cups Enchilada Sauce
• ½ cup Tomato; cored & chopped
• 1/4 cup Black Olives; sliced
• ½ cup Cilantro or Parsley; chopped
• ½ cup Cotija Cheese
• 1 teaspoon Chipotle Chile Powder
• 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
• ½ cup Mayonnaise
• Salt to taste
- Place all of the filling ingredients, minus the rice, into an InstaPot or pressure cooker and toss to coat. Cook, at pressure for 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender enough to shred. Stir in the cooked rice, cover and keep warm.
- While the chicken is cooking, fill a large pot filled half way with water and bring to a boil. Place the whole cabbage in the water and rotate until the first layer of leaves are tender. Transfer the cabbage to a cutting board and gently remove the leaves. Repeat until you have 12 softened leaves.
- Move the leaves back to the pot of boiling water and cook until fork tender; about 5 minutes. Strain and remove the stems.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and add the enchilada sauce to the bottom of a baking dish.
- Lay the cabbage leaves out of a cutting board and add 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture to the center. Fold the stem side over the filling and tuck in the sides. Roll tightly and place in the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, salt, lime juice and chipotle chile powder. Set aside.
- Rest the cabbage rolls for 5 minutes before drizzling the chipotle aioli over top and sprinkling on the tomatoes, cheese and cilantro.