- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 18 ounces white mushrooms sliced
- 2 yellow onions peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine (or more chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 12 ounces canned crushed tomatoes (plain or with Italian seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper chicken on both sides. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken on each side. (You’ll need to work in batches.) Transfer the browned chicken to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Once all the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a large casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, chicken broth, and wine until smooth. Set aside.
- To the same skillet, add mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms are tender and the onions are soft.
- Add the tomato paste to the skillet and stir to combine. Pour in the flour mixture, stir into the veggies, and bring to a boil. Continue cooking until thickened slightly. Add the tomatoes and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake for 1 hour uncovered. Sprinkle parsley over top and serve warm.
Serving: 2 thighs | Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 1116mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3mg