- 8 to 10 limes divided, you’ll need enough for 1 cup lime juice plus sliced limes for garnish
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda you can use Sprite, 7UP, whatever you like
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cherry juice tart or sweet, your preference
- 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries cherries and syrup will be used
- crushed ice
- Juice enough limes for 1 cup of lime juice. I used about 7 limes.
- Combine half of the lime juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat and bring just to a simmer stirring frequently to dissolve sugar. Once sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and let cool.
- Add reserved lime juice, simple syrup, lemon-lime soda and cherry juice a pitcher and stir to combine.
- Add the jar of cherries, including syrup for a stronger, sweeter cherry flavor. (Reserve a handful of cherries for garnish if desired.)
- Add crushed ice to the pitcher is nearly full. Thinly slice 1 or 2 limes and add to the pitcher.
- Serve over ice and top with additional limes and a maraschino cherry for garnish.
- For a tarter Cherry Limeade, omit the sugar and the step of making the simple syrup and just add all of the lime juice in step 3.
- Tools Needed: Citrus Juicer
- To make this lemonade adult friendly, consider adding in ½- ¾ cup vodka, triple sec, or a light rum.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 54g | Vitamin A: 49IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg