- 6 ounces bacon
- 3 pounds gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for pan
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place wire cooling rack on top. Evenly layer bacon strips on a wire rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bacon begins to crisp.
- While bacon is cooking, thoroughly wash potatoes and cut them into 1-inch cubes.
- Soak potato cubes in cold water until bacon is done cooking.
- Remove bacon from the oven and increase the temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Drain, rinse, and pat potatoes dry.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet that has been generously coated with oil.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Flip potatoes 2-3 times throughout baking time.
- While potatoes are cooking, roughly chop bacon.
- Once potatoes are golden brown remove from the oven, and top with bacon and jalapeno. Bake 5 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 415mg | Potassium: 1036mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 229IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 2mg