- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter – softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries more if you want to serve the cake with a few blueberries on the side washed and drained on paper towels
FOR THE CRUMBLE
- 1 cup butter – melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
FOR THE GLAZE
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the softened butter, milk, egg, and sugar, and blend with the whisk attachment until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, blend the flour, baking powder and salt, until well mixed. Add to the mixer, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the mixer. Sprinkle a little flour over the blueberries, and toss to coat (this keeps the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the cake while baking).
- Line a 9 X 9 inch dish with parchment paper, and pour the cake batter into the dish. Mix the Crumble Topping – melted butter, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl, and sprinkle on top of the cake batter.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. When the cake is done baking, remove from the oven to a wire rack to cool.
- When cake has completely cooled, make the glaze; in a medium size bowl add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk, and blend until smooth and creamy. Generously drizzle glaze over the cake, while cake is still in the dish, using all the glaze.
- When ready to serve, cut the cake in 2 X 3 inch squares, sprinkle a few blueberries on the side, and serve. Enjoy!