- 4-5 cups cold water , divided
- 2 cups blueberries , fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 cup (about 6 lemons) freshly squeezed lemon juice , more to taste
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar , more to taste
For serving: frozen blueberries, lemon slices, mint leaves
- In a blender, combine the blueberries and 1 cup of water. Blend for about 30 seconds, or until the bluberries are pureed.
- Strain the bluberry puree through a fine mesh strainer into a large pitcher. You may need to strain the mixture twice if it is thick.
- Add the remaining water, freshly squeezed lemon juice and sugar to the pitcher. Taste and add more sugar and water if desired. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve over ice and garnish with blueberries, lemon slices and mint leaves, if desired.
Variations: You can swap blackberries, raspberries or strawberries to make a berry lemonade.