- 25 Nilla Wafers (I used reduced fat)
- 1/4 cup Fisher Pecan Halves
- 1/4 cup (half of one stick) unsalted butter, melted
- about 3 medium/large bananas, sliced into thin rounds; divided (see Notes below)
- one 3.5-ounce box instant banana pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold 2% milk (use real dairy milk or pudding will not set up)
- one 8-ounce container whipped topping (I used fat free), divided
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8×8-inch pan with foil for easier cleanup and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To the canister of a food processor fitted with the S-blade, add the Nilla Wafers, pecans, and mix on high speed until you have fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and mix to incorporate.
- Turn the mixture out into the prepared pan and hard pack it with a spatula to form an even, flat crust layer.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the crust is set.
- Add the banana slices evenly over the crust so it’s covered completely; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the pudding mix, milk, and whisk for 2 minutes until pudding has thickened.
- Add 3/4 cup whipped topping and whisk to incorporate; reserve the remaining whipped topping.
- Turn pudding mixture out over the banana-topped crust, smoothing it gently with a spatula as necessary.
- Evenly turn the remaining whipped topping out over the pudding layer, smoothing it very gently with a spatula as necessary.
- Place pan in the fridge for about 90 minutes, or until well chilled and it has had time to set up.
- Before serving, garnish each pieces with a couple banana slices.
Use bananas that are ripe but not overripe; save those super ripe ones for banana bread. Very ripe bananas will get even mushier underneath the pudding layers and aren’t as appetizing.
Storage: Dessert will keep airtight for up to 3 days in the fridge, possibly longer; however you run the risk of the bananas inside the dessert oxidizing as time passes.
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 230TOTAL FAT: 12gSATURATED FAT: 8gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 4gCHOLESTEROL: 5mgSODIUM: 102mgCARBOHYDRATES: 29gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 19gPROTEIN: 3g