Baked Reuben Sandwiches
- 12 rye dinner rolls if you can’t find rye, substitute any type
- 1/2 pound corned beef
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 3/4 c. sauerkraut
- 1 stick butter
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. dried mustard
- *Thousand Island dressing if desired
- Prepare sandwiches by dividing corned beef and cheese evenly among buns.
- Add 1 Tbsp. sauerkraut (drained) to each sandwich.
- Place sandwiches in a 9×13 inch pan or a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and pour over sandwiches.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate sandwiches overnight. (*Note: this step can be eliminated if necessary)
- Uncover sandwiches and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with Thousand Island dressing if desired.