- 12 large jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled, divided
US Customary – Metric
PREP OVEN AND PAN:
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Line a standard size cookie sheet with foil. Lightly grease the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the jalapeños peppers in half lengthwise. Clear the peppers of seeds and the white membranes.
- Add cream cheese, cheddar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and all but 2 Tablespoons of the crumbled bacon to a medium bowl (reserve 2 Tablespoons of crumbled bacon for the topping). Use a handheld mixer to beat the mixture until creamy and combined, about 1 minute.
ASSEMBLE JALAPOÑO POPPERS:
- Use a spoon to fill each jalapeño with the cream cheese mixture, and place them on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the reserved bacon over the poppers.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the poppers are bubbly.
- Let the jalapeño poppers cool for 3 minutes, and then serve.
Serving: 2poppers | Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 289mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 499IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg