- 4 medium apples
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Peel, core, and chop or slice apples*.
- Melt butter and cinnamon over medium heat. Stir in apples, sugar & water.
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally for 4-6 minutes or until very slightly softened.
- In a small dish combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Add to the pan while stirring and continue to cook until apples are soft (not mushy) and filling is thickened.
- Let bubble 1 minute. Cool.
Cut apples into 1/2-inch cubes or 1/4-inch slices.
Different varieties of apples may need less (or more) cooking time. Cook just until tender crisp checking the apples with a fork.
Some apples are juicier than others. If you would like your filling thicker, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. Add a little at a time while the mixture is boiling until you reach desired consistency.
Calories: 109, Carbohydrates: 22g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 7mg, Sodium: 26mg, Potassium: 97mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 17g, Vitamin A: 135IU, Vitamin C: 4.2mg, Calcium: 8mg, Iron: 0.1mg