AIR FRYER CRACKER BARREL CHICKEN TENDERLOINS
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- Place the dressing, garlic, honey, lime juice, salt, and pepper into a large bowl, whisk until combined. Add the chicken tenderloins and mix them in, so they are fully coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it into the fridge for up to 1 hour to marinate.
- Once ready to cook, preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Spray the basket with olive oil spray and place the tenders, not touching each other into the basket. You may need to air fry in batches.
- Air fry for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Chicken is done cooking when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- I know some people prefer to pull the weird little stringy thing out – I don’t bother. Once the chicken is cooked, I never even notice it. However, if you prefer, you certainly can remove it.
- Don’t overcrowd your air fryer. Work in batches, if necessary.
- There are so many kinds of air fryers on the market with different functions and features. If you can’t set your appliance to the exact temperature, select the temperature to as close to the recipe as possible, adjusting the cooking time if necessary.
- Because this recipe uses lime juice, I suggest not marinating your chicken for longer than 1-2 hours at the most. Lime juice will chemically “cook” or denature your food if left too long.